Scout Lake Construction is looking for a qualified Project Engineer to join our team.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, provides technical support to construction staff. Reviews plans and other technical documents, answers questions regarding the scope and/or timing of the project, and monitors costs and project progress.
May assist in the development of cost estimates or tentative schedules.
Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Provide support including:
o Subcontractor Procurement and Management
o Material and Equipment Procurement
o Submittal Review
o Quantity takeoffs
o Labor Productivity Reporting
o Document Controls
o Perform on going Quality Inspections.
o Assist in resolving construction problem/issues.
• Interpret design/drawings for company personnel and subcontractors that are installing the work.
• Initiate RFI’s, manage the submittal and RFI process electronically, follow through to resolution.
• Review contractor submittals, RFI’s and pay applications for conformance and accuracy.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as RFI responses, Changes Directives, Material and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
• Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
This position will be based out of our Selah location but will be working out of town three days a week. Must be able to travel.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a physical or mental disability that is not job-related. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of ability, experience, and the requirements of the job. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants. No phone calls please.
Salary: 35 – 40 K